Spring cleaning is cleaning of your house or room in the season of spring. This practice of spring cleaning is dominant in cold western countries that have extremely cold winter. It is the type of yearly house cleaning that includes thorough, complete cleaning of your entire house in the spring season as is suggested by the name. It is also known as heavy duty cleaning as it requires complete cleaning up of your house almost after a year.Spring cleaning requires much effort as you plan to clean the unnecessary things once in a year and is a time-consuming process. It requires planning and free time, so you can make up your mind for spring cleaning in spring vacations so that you can do all chores efficiently within two or three days.
Spring cleaning includes considering the following tasks once in a year:
- Have a professional check-up and service of your air conditioning system
- Repair loose or damaged sliding
- Install protective systems to prevent electronic appliances from power surges and light switching
- Install secure railings around porches, balconies, lawns, etc
- Consider installing sensor mechanism at the main entrance door for safety and convenience
- Inspect the safety maintenance and proper functioning of your swimming pools or any other outdoor playing equipment
- Wash and thoroughly clean your kitchen cabinets, old utensils, and stoves
- Trim and clean your garden by cutting extra weeds, grass, planting new plants and flowers
- Clean or replace mats off your entire house
- Sweep and scrub floors by removing carpets, emptying the rooms and lounge for thorough floor cleaning
- Dust doors, windows, furniture and polish them if necessary
- Change your room setting; a good change will be relaxing and enchanting at least after a year
- Arrange the drawers by removing items clean the up and then discard the thing you don’t need and arrange the rest neatly
- Remove bed sheets, curtains, wash them and press them neatly before hanging up again
- Wash windows, window sills, doors, doorknobs, mirrors
- Clean and arrange the thing in the store room. Store room should be cleaned once a year
- Dust lights, bulbs, lamp shades
- Wash vent covers, handles, etc.
- Discard expired medicines and cosmetics to avoid any problem
- Manage to hire someone to clean the drainage pipes, gutters, sanitation system of your house
- Dust light fixtures and reseal grout lines if needed
- In kitchen, manage cleaning cabinets, washing cutting boards, sharpening knives and other equipment, clean fridge and stove by cleaning the refrigerator coils and plates, check for the food and spices expiry dates
- Clean other kitchen appliances like microwave, toaster, and refrigerator for its efficient working
- Dust and arrange the dining room by decorating it with new decoration pieces, changing the sofa covering, pillows, cushions and replacing old curtains with new and stylish ones.
By making spring cleaning your yearly routine, you can avoid any loss or exhaustion and maintaining your house efficiently will keep you and your family happy, healthy and satisfied.